OMHS offers health screenings and more for O'boro residents | News
OWENSBORO, KY (WFIE)- Owensboro Medical Health System is helping residents live healthier by offering screenings and other activities this morning.
The Healthpark on Ford Avenue in Owensboro will host the different events this morning, all of which will take place in the west concourse area from 8 to 10 Wednesday morning.
Here's a look at the range of subjects that will be addressed:
- If you've got small children, you'll be able to make sure their car seats are properly installed.
- According to information from the Healthpark, 7 out of 10 kids aren't buckled into these seats properly.
- You can meet with an exercise physiologist if you're interested in adding some changes to your workout routine or maybe starting an exercise program.
- The holidays are a time when stress levels might increase with the demands we're all under, so you'll also be able to learn some tips and techniques for reducing the problem.
- You'll also be able to get blood sugar and cholesterol test results within eight minutes if you've preregistered for the screening.
These are just a few of the topics you'll be able to learn about this morning.
Everything is free, except for the cholesterol and blood sugar screening, which are $25, and again you have to preregister for that.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.